Saturday, November 20, 2010

slip_stitch_crochet.html



Slip Stitch  is one of the basic stitches used in crochet. It has very little height and is usually used to end a row when crocheting in the round. That was the extent of how I used this stitch until recently when in my search for a cool free hat pattern I found the five spice hat in the above image where the main stitch is slip stitch blo and flo. "blo" a slip stitch in the back loop and "flo" is slip stitch in front loop.  As simple as it is, I always try to find a video preferably or a tutorial so I get it right.  There really is not much information out there.  It is as easy as it sounds but, I find as with all my crocheting it needs polishing....These two sites
Tiny Slip Stitch Has Great Possibilities - Crochet Me Blog - Crochet Me and  slip_stitch_crochet.html has another pattern and describes the Slip Stitch pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment